08-27-2012, 03:50 AM   #54
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmdphd98 View Post
What a bunch of BS. People who say This often do not even own one. I own both and can tell you that the GT-R is as raw as they come! Like the M3, GT-R has tons of character and is exciting to drive. "Clinical" can be used to describe a Volvo but using that adjective on a Porsche or Godzilla is simply inappropriate.

I think what people are trying to say to describe GT-R and Cayman/Boxster is that they are PRECISE. The lesser Porsches are great fun to drive but lack brutal power to make them exhilarating to drive. After all, we drive fast cars to go FAST. GT-R does both and does exactly what the drivers wants it to do. It's a great combination that will stand the test of time. RWD/Front engine cars are fun to toss around, but what would you want to drive if you have a million dollar bet on the racetrack?
No I definitely wasn't trying to say they are precise even though that adjective would be also appropriate. I've owned a 987S and 997S so I haven't made comments only after a quick drive down the road.

Haven't owned or driven a GTR so I can't really make a statement on that.

EDIT: I still would like to get a 997.2 GT3 at some point!

Last edited by jonasaurus; 08-27-2012 at 03:56 AM..
Appreciate 0