C17MooseDriver
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DPR1 View Post
Brandon,

I've had my Angel iBrights installed for about 2 weeks now and they look(ed) amazing. Unfortunately yesterday when I was stuck on the highway (went roughly 1/4mile in 45 minutes) they shut off. First I heard the alert chime and text saying that the left daytime running light was out. So I pulled up close to the car in front of me so I could see the lights reflecting on their rear bumper... sure enough, the left one was out. And then in the time it took me to think "I guess I should find the daytime running light setting in the iDrive menu and turn those off so it doesn't look stupid" (~15 seconds), the chime went off again and said that the right daytime light was dead.

I was hoping that it was just a matter of overheating or something and they would work when I turned the car on this morning, but no such luck. So I checked the fuses, and ended up just pulling the iBrights out and replacing them with the oem bulbs -- so I'm back to having yellow halos. Sigh.

The LEDs looked a little yellow so I'm guessing it's the bulbs themselves that died rather than the ballasts, but I'm not really sure. I'm wondering if I could ship them back down to you to take a look and see if it's something simple?

Cheers,
Ted
I had the exact same issue. Seems like the AIB gets too hot and dies out. I was driving in traffic for about an hour. Someone else PM'd me that they had the exact issue I had.

EAS, has so far been good about attempting to replace mine. I still haven't sent it in since I'm on the road. I'm just worried it'll happen again.

This definitely took my the wind out of my sails on any further modding for awhile.

I'm down to one stock and one AIB again. Looks silly.