View Single Post
      07-16-2008, 07:35 PM   #22
milomindrbindr
United_States
Rep
Drives: RIP: 2008 328i

Kid - military, preferably a fighter pilot. - Then realized I'm not good with taking orders.

Early to mid Teen Years - Archaeologist/Wildlife filmmaker - Then realized that I'm too pale, hate traveling and don't do well with bugs and various wildlife.

Late Teen to College - Historian/Novelist - Then realized that historians are like the gravediggers of the academic world, but I still love the subject. Then proceeded to wrote a novel.

Post College - Novelist/Screenwriter - wrote my second novel but never had a chance to bring to publishers before I adapted them into screenplays. One script got optioned by a big production company. Decided novelists don't usually make as much as screenwriters and poured all energies into that and wrote a draft of the Watchmen script.

Now - Creative Executive for a holding/production company. - Realized that writers are kind of the dogs of the business, and still don't like taking orders from people, so I decided to be the person who gives the orders but also wanted to learn more about the business side while still keeping a foot in the creative. Oh, and I also volunteer for the Los Angeles Conservancy.
Appreciate 0