View Single Post
      08-30-2012, 05:50 AM   #1
Top_Gear_Fan
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

My Dad Just Bought A Ferrari 458 Italia Tuned By Novitec Rosso

I just thought I'd share this with all the car enthusiasts on this board.

I am currently on summer vacation visiting my family in Taiwan. Apparently my dad decided not to tell me anything about purchasing a new Ferrari. All I knew was he bought a Bentley Continental GT Speed a few months ago and I haven't seen it yet since I haven't seen him in about 8 months. He parks his Bentley at an apartment complex he owns because there is no room at home, so he took me to go check it out. When we arrive, he tells me to take a look at it and he leaves for no reason saying that he'll be right back. A few minutes later I hear a glorious noise of an exhaust starting up. I was thinking at first, "someone else has a nice car here" or "sounds like a Lambo". Next thing I know, I see a white 458 Italia pull up in front of me. My jaw dropped to the ground and I was speechless. I never thought I'd get the opportunity to ever sit in one. Suddenly I couldn't care less about the Bentley.

So he took me for a couple of rides and explained to me that he had it only for a month and wanted to surprise me. He also went on to talk about how its a special Novitec edition.

The Novitec tuned 458 has more carbon fiber parts, better aero body kits, carbon fiber roof and spoiler, lowered and sportier suspension, stronger brembo brake calipers by Novitec, better carbon ceramic brakes, rims, exhaust, and more power. 609 horsepower instead of 562 for stock.

Here's a link for more info http://www.autoblog.com/2011/03/03/g...-sexy-and-fas/

Enough of my ranting here are the pics, and please forgive the crappy photos. I don't own a digital SLR, only an iPhone 4S.

Here's a short clip I recorded.

I have a few more clips on my youtube channel, however they're all really short and not very good because there's really not enough road in Taiwan to fully appreciate this car.

I have to say though, this is by far the fastest, most exciting, and most enjoyable car I have ever had the pleasure of being in. I've never gotten goosebumps from a car before, but the way it accelerates, handles, brakes, and changes gears is outta this world.

Anyways I hope you all enjoy the pics! And I hope to update more pics/videos as I have another 3 weeks left of vacation time here!

EDIT:
Some people were asking so...

2008 Bentley Continental GT Speed, 2006 Mercedes McLaren SLR, 2012 Ferrari 458 Italia Novitec Rosso

More pics on the way

EDIT:
More pics

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raja Ventureshield View Post
more pix of the bentley please.

edit:
here's a video of the exhaust going mad
This is NOT my video.

Last edited by Top_Gear_Fan; 02-26-2013 at 02:24 PM..
Appreciate 0