View Single Post
      12-16-2011, 03:05 AM   #454
Chako
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

First of all Drew very nice build!

Looks like it will be a monster. Instead of doing 94 + Meth; I would be curious regarding this car being tuned on E85!

I am assuming these dynos were all done on 91 octane California fuel? In which case the comparison seems to show the VT3 at 3.5-4psi more is 'safer' (due to LC) and quite a nice upgrade .

Forgive me if I am a little inquisitive in this post; but I am very curious regarding the low compression S65 motor. I have a few questions, if you wouldn't mind taking a few moments to answer.

1) Besides the pistons and rods; did anything else need to be upgraded? (ie. bearings, cylinder walls, heads [PnP, valves, retainers/springs], etc?)

2) I am assuming you used coated 2618 Forged LC pistons? How do you rate them for daily driving? <-- For example, are they loud on startup? Were you told anything regarding longevity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob MG View Post
Hi Drew

I see the power was achieved 602whp @ 7950 RPM, 415wtq @6975 RPM. 10.40 PSI

Any reason why power doesn't keep climbing until red-line at 8400?

I'm sure some idiots will see the difference between the 625 VT2 being negligible, but not realizing the huge gains throughout the rev range.
I was wondering about this as well: the heads and blower I am assuming are efficient up to 8400RPM. I am suspecting it is an octane thing as well; you can see in his 94+Meth tune (VT625) his AFR at 8000 and 8400 are about the same:

However, on the 91 octane VT3 tune, his AFR richens up the higher RPM the car climbs above 7900:

Anyway that was my longwinded post!
Appreciate 0