View Single Post
      04-09-2009, 03:22 AM   #247
gr8000
Major
Greece
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 - DCT

The lag in my case is horrible as it is something like 1 to 1.5 secs in most cases. When you need power instantly, 1 - 1.5 secs is way too long and can be dangerous. I regard this as a serious safety issue (I am not saying it will get me killed but it can easily cause an accident!), let alone it is also very frustrating. Sure when it is crutial I take over control in manual, but that does not defeat the point that the lag should not be there!

In early software versions there was minimal lag but I had all the other goodies that are now fixed (gearchange delay, no downshifting under hard braking, a couple of engine stalls & various transmission error messages).

Still the transmission as it stands now with the DCT lag (only) gets a solid 9 / 10 so I am very happy with it. I have been confident as from the outset that this shouldn't take anything more than a software fix (seems it is and I hope it really is) and it appears that we might be close to the end of it. I am holding the champagne until a few weeks down the road when the new version is tested thorougly by RJ and possibly by other people (incl. myself).

BTW I have sent another letter to the BMW Greece on Monday asking what is the status and requesting to receive a written answer from M-Gmbh. The Greek rep told me that he has contacted Germany and I should get an answer directly from them. I will keep you posted of any significant developments.
Appreciate 0