ColoCane
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Interesting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Ron View Post
Surprisingly, I found the other dealers in Colorado to be somewhat difficult to deal with. I really (probably naively) expected to be welcomed with open arms walking in to buy a car since the statistics show car sales are plummeting. I did not have unrealistic expectations on pricing.

...it was quickly apparent that Murray was easily the best to work with, was the most realistic regarding current economic conditions and was very eager for the sale.
Ron
That's very interesting, Ron. That's exactly how I felt, but just the opposite at Murray, twice over 6 years. They seemed that they couldn't care less whether they sold me a car or not, almost like they didn't see me a a real buyer. I do agree with you though, when I met with Richard Schutt, he was very, very nice and candid. Impression: good guy. Just couldn't do anything. When they valued my car, it was laughable, and I had Mannheim auction numbers. On the flip side, Schomp bent over backwards for my car. It was a lease, but they treated it as a trade because it was in such immaculate condition. They were sure they could sell it. Both Schomp and Gephardt were very understanding of economy and eager to sell (Won't bore you with details as to why Schomp got it in the end, but George Tice at Gephardt is a real solid guy). My CA at Schomp is Paul Owens, also stand-up.

Interesting how the dealers all seemed to treat us differently, but ultimately we got the same service, just at different dealers. The bottom line... we all got, or are getting our Ms!!!! Mine is awaiting a ship.

'97 E36 M3 Sedan Hellrot Red/Black; '03 E46 330Ci Met. Gray/Black; '06 E46 330Ci ZPF Imola Red/Saddle
Appreciate 0