Orb
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank@CEC View Post
Hello board,

I decided to finish my project this morning. Could not stand to see my car torn apart any longer.

Here are some pictures of the install and the fixing points. The bar, once installed, has NO vertical or horizontal movement. It fits flush on the shelf and does not pivot. The quick release bolts are threaded through the back side of the bracket. A lock nut then locks in the bolt. All hardware is stainless steel. The install was fairly straight forward and can be performed by most with patience and the right tools. The instructions provided by ACS were very helpful and provides additional hints to make the install easier.

I have been wanting to install this bar for quite a while, but opted to go with the ACS racing suspension first. This is a fully adjustable suspension (20 position). I was very comfortable and dialed into (for 5000 miles) a setting (+13 front, +13 rear) that was "perfect for me." I wondered if I would really be able to "feel" a difference with the bar installed.

I am happy to say it makes a world of difference. The bar is immediately noticeable on the corners. The car is flatter on turns, NO DOUBT.

Those that are doubting the function of this bar have obviously never driven a car with it installed. Is it a full race set up? No. Like the M3, It was designed to be the best of both worlds. Does it stiffen the chassis to a point that you can feel. YES. Does it improve flatness on the turns? YES. Though it is more noticeable with a spring kit or stock suspension, the benefits can still be felt with a full coilover suspension.

All of the discussion regarding pivots, torsion, the price of metals, penis creme, lifeless trolls, and truck candy are irrelevant.

The product does what it is supposed to do.

BTW, The bar was tested on the ring along with the other suspension components designed by Manfred Wollgarten. Hope you enjoy the pictures.
I think you lost all credibly for the technical people in this forum. What loads do you think the bar will resist and from where? No much happening at the damper for forces. There are loads into the sub frame bushing, rear tension struts and rear spring reaction forces.

The problem I’m having with this:

• Your reinforcing an area that is a box section…it already the strongest and stiffest part of the car. No question about this.
• Your attachment system is not at a load bearing part of the structure. At least it will not hurt anyting.

Also, it is not possible for a bar like this to make a car flatter in corner so I suggest you just don’t say it.

Hopefully, you will ask the right question to Manfred on how this will stiffen the chassis. It not a difficult question to ask but the information should be concise and it not so far.

Orb
Appreciate 0