03-11-2011, 07:10 PM   #14
MonteCarloM3
Banned
Uzbekistan
Rep
Drives: a shitty M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
Actually, I had a similar experience. I bought the lights and they told me they would find a local autologic shop to code them. They did not, so I chased one down. Then they said they would tell the shop how to do it. They did not include any instructions or information for the local shop. When I asked them, they said they shop should be able to figure it out and they could call them if they could not. Not exactly what we had discussed. Especially bothersome since a shop is going to charge you by the hour and the coding literally takes about 15 minutes. Of course, if you don't know what you're doing, it could take hours.

I just ended up doing some research and now I'll be able to do the coding myself. Just search google for "bmw coding". Everything you need will be on the first page of results.
finally, some intelligence around here!
sounds like you have had the same experience. they still have not replied to my questions about this. they sure get back quick when you want to buy something though.
no big deal, there are lots of other suppliers on here who can hopefully provide better service.
Appreciate 0