View Single Post
      03-07-2008, 04:06 PM   #71
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma View Post
I find it real interesting how quickly a comment like "Posts like these make me think the 6mt if the new Poser's car" can generate an outrage.

However, "DSG, DCT, SMG...blah blah blah, it's still an auto. Sure, it's not a standard automatic transmission, but you still have no control over the clutch. " while being factually wrong is no biggie.

There is a clear trend here. Those advocating DCT simply talk about how good it is and what it can do. While the MT crowd feel compelled to attack it and insult the drivers that choose it. I just though I would flip the tactics and see how the other side reacted for once.

Lets be completly clear on one thing. Choosing 6mt is choosing a slower and less performant car simply to have a lever to move and a pedal to push. If thats not style over substance I don't know what is.
OK, so you call me and everybody else choosing MT a poseur. That's a serious insult and you know that.

You're right that there are bashing posts against DCT guys also, but if anybody comes up with "blah, blah, blah..." you can make up your mind on this. No matter if it is not knowing better or just for arrousing's sake, commenting is senseless. But when a highly valued member plays the poser card it's time to comment.

It's not true that DCT guys merely give their opinion whereas MT guys start to insult. Without having the time nor the notion to count which 'camp' made more bashing comments I tend to claim that it's on par.

I always appreciated your posts full of knowledge on cars and don't remember you becoming unobjective. Can really some comments be enough to diss all MT guys? Unbelievable. You won't see me countering your attack, maybe others will do, and that's just making things more annoying. You just can't complain about that no more, now you play a role in that.

Best regards, south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0