06-11-2007, 03:41 PM   #55
enfield
Civilian
Canada
Rep
Drives: Jaguar F-Type V8 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by skim7x View Post
Why did you start this thread? do YOU have something to prove?

If I had a Z4M, wasn't into racing on the streets, and I had nothing to prove... the issue really wouldn't bother me as much as it seems to be bothering you. In psychiatry they call this "Projection." I learnt that at skool.

Edit: now that I think about it more, I'm in the same situation as you are. I drive a brand new 335i and just today I had 2 330Ci's trying to race me at stoplights. I declined both times, but I didn't feel resentful as you do... I know it's just because either they want to prove they're faster or because they want to see how fast I am... so be it. I don't go post a thread on "what is up with 330Ci drivers!?"
Yeah - well I find it annoying that people are accelerating and braking and looking at me/my car. It is a safety hazard. It also makes BMW drivers look like idiots and I do not like that either. I am not resentful. I think it is in bad taste. I have seen the results of kids being hit by cars. City streets are not for racing. I, too, have been to school. You should look up "Projective Identification" while you are at it.

Here's a post titled "335i vs 2008 M3" http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66186 - proves my point. Just relax and enjoy your very nice, very comfortable, and very fast car in peace.
Appreciate 0