View Single Post
      05-01-2013, 01:37 PM   #37
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
i also recommend avoiding a 5mm spacer. they arent big enoguh to have a lip over the hub and almost always cause signficiant vibration and issues. 10mm or larger or none.
I use 5mm spacers and have yet to have a problem (with HRE and Volk wheels). There is enough hub protrusion to still maintain hub-centric install. I do however think that it can be an issue with some wheels that have more of a taper at the hub. I measured my hub protrusion and it is 11mm therefore I don't run 10mm spacers due to possible issues with hub compatibility - See below.

Quote from Turner Motorsports: "A note about 10mm spacers: Any 10mm spacer is considered a custom fitment. The stock hubcentric lip on BMWs can stick out by as much as 11mm. This leaves a gap between the spacer and the hub which seriously compromises safety. We recommend using a larger spacer (12mm and larger do not have this issue) or check that the lip sticks out less than 10mm."

So for me its either 5mm or 12.5mm Turner Motorsports spacers.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 0