Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 Estoril 328i M Sport

Garage List
2014 BMW 428i  [7.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mykcheng View Post
I got my car just last week and I decided to wash it yesterday underneath an overcast day. I completely forgot how bad the water spots are due to the hard water in So Cal. What should've been a quick wash and detail became an all afternoon event as I worked my butt off getting off the water spots. I clayed most of it out, but I ran out of time to clay the entire car. Any suggestions on how to beat this next time? My neighbor recommended this Mr. Clean attachment to the hose. Any other ideas?
The Mr. Clean attachment is rubbish. If you have a spare $370 burning a hole in your pocket, you need to buy one of these: CR Spotless. That's the best water de-ionizer on the market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFFRR View Post
i use OPT No Rinse Wash & shine. Works great.
If it were my car, I would never use OPT, especially if you're in a warm place like SoCal. The chances of inducing swirls is incredibly high, especially in the hands of someone lacking the proper tools to use it properly. The force of high pressure water is key in removing the majority of dirt on a car. Without that force, you're pulling dirt along your paint when using something like ONR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobsM3Coupe View Post
I was wondering. Is there any place in the USA that has naturally soft groundwater?
The purple areas are close to having 100% soft water:

Appreciate 0