View Single Post
      10-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #31
Tsuvoi
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DG. View Post
Ft13, you seem a Little frustrated with the brazilian gov/lifestyle. Why is that?
I can see that you "know" a little about brazil, judging by the yt video you posted named in portuguese, how is that? How did you hear about that?
I know a lil about brazil and can affirm that health-wise, its not expensive. Yes, the cars are expensive, but its easy to understand why: people there are with money in their pockets. It doesnt matter how expensive it is, they BUY it, use it and buy a even more expensive one after. Why did bmw said brazil will be an excelent market in the future?
Anw, it looks like something really bothers you when it comes to brazil. Maybe its their women, their perfect weather, maybe the good food and people around... Or just because more and more and more Brazilians are being able to buy bimmers (and even more after the new plant) and you are still driving your "POS" as you like to call it.
You bet I know a thing or two when it comes to Brazil as you've remarked. It probably helps that half of my family lives there.

I'm not sure how in the world you can interpret my comments as Brazil or Brazilian bashing. That is the exact opposite. Gov bashing that's a different story! REAL Brazilians will understand, not some rich gringo on a BMW forum with a little Brazilian flag so he feels more integrated. You and Bruno are on the same pedestal.

Health costs are higher in Brazil than in the US and a LOT higher than in Europe. Wait times are also extremely long. I see you must be in very good health and you haven't had to go to the doc, good for you. I can't think of anything cheaper in Brazil than in the US outside of labor.

Now onto the more important point that you're making, sorry but the people in Brazil do not have their pockets lined up with money, wtf are you talking about? You need to step out of your secured compound and out of your bulletproof car and walk the streets if you're not too scared. You will see most people do NOT have cars, and those who do, have to drive small basic cars with 0 options for the cost of a luxury car in the US! Yet the wages are lower. I'm not talking about you and your bankster friends. I'm talking about the real people. Those at the other end of the huge income divide in Brazil. The people you avoid at all costs to the point of not stepping outside of your house/car.

Now why is it that way? Why has the average Brazilian got to pay 3x more than anyone else for his car? Just like you hinted, because a few rich suckers will pay whatever price for status. It trickles down to the rest of the cars. But those rich fucks are not the root cause of the problem, they just perpetuate it like I said before. The root cause is the gov who finds it appropriate to overtax EVERYTHING to the point of silliness. Of course you know the story when Brazilians that were fortunate enough to travel to Florida in the 80s were coming back with MICROWAVE OVENS because it was 10x the price in Brazil. Or the people who come back with 15 iphones in their luggage because it costs a FORTUNE in Brazil. God forbid the border police catches them or they'll have to pay that 100% import duty right? All manufacturers want a piece of the Brazilian cake. Now what happens? Only the very rich can afford anything decent in Brazil while the rest has to go without and can only dream of owning a US $180k 3 series because of all that shit.

Yes there is something that bothers me about Brazil, that strangely doesn't seem to bother YOU. Is that life is a daily struggle for the regular guy and this could be very different if the gov had the interest of the people in mind and not their own corrupt interests. You would think all the crazy tax money could be invested in proper public schools, public transportation and fighting crime, yet all that money "vanishes" who knows where. Shit, it's taking more than a decade to build a subway line in SP, a city of 20 million in dire need of decent public transportation to stop the daily gridlock. But who cares when you can ride a helicopter right?

If you like Brazil so much then why are you defending the gov? I have yet to find a real Brazilian that defends its gov lol. Just on a BMW forum can you find people willing to defend the status-quo in Brazil, ain't that funny!

Last edited by Tsuvoi; 10-24-2012 at 10:54 AM..
Appreciate 0