Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E70 X5 M

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Tut View Post
Man I ordered these before I even got the car. They are coming when Mackin finally gets the damn container in. Originally we were told that they would be getting some M3 offsets in months ago, but they only ended up getting +35s for the front which I didn't want. So I have been told I should have them by the end of the month but when it comes to Mackin and Volks I don't have much faith anymore. I waited for 6 months for a set of Volks for my E46 that never came. Check out this e-mail from a Mackin employee:

"After talking with the factory in Japan, they have informed us that the reason for the delay is due to the quantity being made. Rays Wheels requires a minimum of 40 pieces each size to make with customer colors. This means they have to make 40 fronts and 40 rears. And this wheel you are asking for is a custom color and lug pattern.

They said they let our purchasing department know but no one informed me about this. If your customer is willing to wait, then I can push the factory to make these. Otherwise we may have to find another wheel for your customer. "

So after 6 months they said we were never gonna make your wheels but we will get you some other ones. Now you got me all fired up again. I have THE worst luck with wheels, yet this will still be my third set of Volks. I still love them for the price, but getting them and having them fit is a pain in the ass.
Sorry to hear about the issues with Volk/Rays. I've seen people wait anywhere from (once order is placed) 3-months (that's extremely rare though) to 9-months w/them. It really is out of Mackin Industries control (unless they wanna pay for 40 or so sets like you said). The only way to get them sooner (after they are manufactured) is if you want them air freight which is boo-coo $$$ as you know. I've gone thru 4 sets of Volks & never regretted each one. Good luck w/whatever you do & keep us updated.

'17 95B GTS
Appreciate 0