01-03-2013, 10:12 AM   #10
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
The time to sell that E90 M3 is now, just before the new F80 M3 shows up and take a $5-$7000 chunk out of your selling price.

KBB puts the best value of your car at around $54,000. I would say, sale price is $55,000 and expect no less than $53,000 for it. If you are not going to be in the USA during the sale then you must set some legal documentation with somebody trustworthy that can do the job for you. Or simply take a quick trip and sell the car to CarMax -you may lose some value but perhaps you may be surprised. Only you can determine how much money are you are wiling to lose in here -if any at all. For sure, you should be able to get your $25,000 back if this is done right.

Good luck.
Agree and disagree.

Agree that the E90 M3 will take an immediate value hit in 3 months when the Concept F80 M3 debuts.

Disagree that he can get $55K. His cosmetic mods add <$500 value to the selling price, although mileage and condition are definitely helping out. I think a more realistic number is $50K. Remember, the car will be half-way done with warranty in the coming months. And it's missing DCT, which is the more popular transmission choice. It won't be hard to sell of course, but 6MT is always associated with a lower selling price because of the high option cost of MDCT.

Take this advice from someone who sold a low-mileage 2012 E92 M3 just two months ago
Appreciate 0