View Single Post
      08-25-2011, 09:48 AM   #12
Kiemyster
Bimmerpost Resident Marijuana Consultant
Trinidad_and_tobago
Rep
Drives: 320i, 325xi, 335Xi, 335i, M3

Garage List
I cant understand how we are on M3 post and your bashing the OP. Id expect it in e90post but come on? the man has a valid point.

Having a white m3, i notice the chips and indentations on my car all the time. I am one of the most anal people you will meet when it comes to my cars. My 2 other e90s can get scratched, dented, and dinged and it doesnt affect me. But DONT FUCK with a mans M3. That being said, I fully agree with the OP, this paint is far too fragile! I look at E39's and E46's that are almost 10 years old and their paint still looks far more in tact than an E90 born in 06.

The paint on the older models just held up much better, and i refuse to believe anyone can not agree with it. Sure its something small like paint, but for those who intend on keeping their cars for many years or even life its kind of dissapointing to have this to deal with. The amount of rock chips on my car drives me up a wall. I dont drive behind trucks, I dont drive through debris, and the indentations dont really cut all the way to the paint, it just damages the clearcoat.

Fuck, is a little more paint THAT much to ask for?