View Single Post
      02-16-2007, 03:26 PM   #34
ILC32
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1993 Porsche RSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwexecutive View Post
Well, guess what? I don't really care what Scott says. He's not Tom Purves coming out with an official statement, is he? The bottom line is there is a lot of evidence that indicates the E92 M3 will be at US dealers by September of this year. And if BMW can't deliver until Spring of '08, more than a year from now, BMW will loose my business and I will go buy a Porsche.
As I stated in another thread, I was told by Martin Birkmann, M Brand Manager-BMW NA who flew in from Germany (accent and all, if that makes it more official) for the Chicago Auto Show that no final decision had been made on whether to sell the sedan: "He said that the new M3 would not be available until 'next year.' He said the convertable would follow a year later, and they are still studying whether to offer the sedan. He said also that the sedan was the top selling body style for the E36 M3, but then he said that there was no sedan in the E46 version, but the E46 outsold the E36."

See http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46805

Unless the guy was simply lying, that means no M3 in the US in 2007 period, and possibly no sedan at all.

Now granted the guy was not Tom Purves, but he was a real BWWexecutive.

Last edited by ILC32; 02-16-2007 at 05:15 PM..
Appreciate 0