03-30-2008, 04:40 PM   #244
Wads
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 & Tuned Focus ST

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
It looks better here. It looks more like the begining of the shift is recognizable as beginning much closer at the same point in time on both curves. The acceleration trace looks like sampling right around 10 Hz. The velocity trace still has a lot of smoothing.

My estimation of the shift time, again based on the acceleration curve only is 0.8s +/- .2s (+/- .1 on each end). You can see this estimate does not yey even overlap with your initial estimate of .5 s (.48 s, as you said).

For M-DCT, especially under aggressive shifts under aggressive throttle we will need much better than 10 Hz resolution to time these particular shifts.

Thanks again! Really appreciate the input.
No problem but whats wrong with taking the flat spot in the acceleration curve as the shift time? the acceleration will drop off when pushing in the clutch and the curve will only rise again when the next gear is engaged.....

Unfortunately I think it will be a while before anyone here will be able to test the DCT with any accuracy..... 100Hz sampling won't pick up a claimed sub 8 millisecond shift, I don't think even the industy standard VBOXIII could resolve that (the measuring gear I use is made by the same company and is within -/+ 1% as accurate according to their own testing)
Appreciate 0