11-07-2006, 11:49 AM   #13
Nikki
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Sepang Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2DC
Nikki...I love Operations Management, was one of my strongest subject in my U of Miami days. I got a solid A+ for that one

What's the GM intership about?
Yeah I liked quantitative methods in administration, got like 110 on all the tests when the average was 70. everyone in that class hated me haha. well anyways i don't know if operations is similar but i am looking to take the same professor that i had for quant. methods so hopefully it will be easy.

The GM internship is a small 3 credit class offered at my school with instructor permission only. Luckily I am the VP of AMA (American marketing association) an d the professor that does the GM internship is the counselor for AMA. Basically he said we go to a car dealer, last year was Chevy and probably this year as well, and they tell us what new product they want us to market for them. Last year it was the HHR and they did a car show with a game show feel like price is right, and it was called "Chevy's Price is Right" and they had games and prizes like the show and I think one person won an HHR. It seems like such a fun thing and great experience for me since I want to do automotive marketing. I'm really excited about it.

Appreciate 0