View Single Post
      07-21-2016, 03:14 PM   #3191
jomamma
Registered
Rep
Drives: 135i

I know this is old but this guy is annoying and ignorant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by s85e90 View Post
RG still running your mouth. FYI petros the s85 also uses the ionic knock system. My thoughts are that it's contributory and that's it. Regular guy still can't answer how can he not listen to a motor and tell what audible pinging due to detonation is.

To petros question on how bearing wear can be correlated to detonation is simple: when the preigntion occurs the piston is forced back down and the thin oil film riding the UPPER bearing shell will be pushed away outwards from the shell and can/will cause premature wear.

Regular guy still making jokes but has yet to answer the question; how do you set the timing on a car with a distributor and know how far the advance can go??? Keep making fun or brushing off the question. You saw it before. And yes, again, there's millions out there who can hear audible knockng from a car.

Let's get this straight; this all started because I added my 2 cents and said I have heard knockimg from a few diff cars... That's all, plain and simple, I stated I have heard knockimg. Right away you said its not possible. And the. Proceeded to say I have no credentials to listen and discern ebgine noises. Gimme a break. It's not rocket science. I'm done here. You should act your age and stop breaking balls on the Internet. Not a good look for an old man.
Read up on Knock vs Detonation--you're mixing two different things up and I'm sure you're also sensing the DME trying to compensate for the bad gas. I have had similar to misfires, but they weren't knock and they for sure were not detonation.
Appreciate 0