View Single Post
      04-27-2013, 08:43 AM   #50
faou4rm
Private
Rep
Drives: '12 e92 335 M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanmarsenille View Post
I'll give you my opinion: I am in my 30s and happily married, and have been for almost 10 years. Of my previous relationships, the ones where my girlfriend's "friends" were predominantly male never ended well. I am not a naturally jealous or possessive person but it takes a particular kind of male to put up with that kind of BS consistently, and I cannot imagine being married to someone like that. You are young and as someone else said, there are literally millions of other women out there. Take your time and take it easy.
What you've just told me is something that i would go back and refer to if/when my girlfriend and i get into arguments about her guy friends in the future.
I'm not exactly sure what it is that you have said but i can find some kind of comfort and reliance on it.

My girlfriend and i have come a long way, and maybe i'm just too stubborn to walk away from it. I really like the type of person that i have become throughout the years of being in this relationship, and i know that one day my gf will realize how much of a better person she became. At the end of the day, she makes me extremely happy and she feels the same. Although we have lived together for 3.5 years now, it sometimes still amazes me how much we still love and care for each other. It's just those few times that we get frustrated and have huge fights because of the friendship issue. We rarely ever argue but the times that we do it is 100% related to friends. Changes have been very gradual and often steady but seeing how far we have come, i can see the light at the end of the tunnel. If things were to ever go south, i want to walk away from this relationship knowing that i've given everything so that i wouldn't have any regrets.
Appreciate 0