04-14-2008, 11:16 PM   #79
Expired
Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaiman View Post
I listed them because if you can do what you say, you'd be a better trader than them. And I don't believe you are.

New money!! You kill me. You think there are people taking 9 or 10 figure paydays from the market anonymously!? That is hysterical. Every time you post you show your ignorance.

But please, starting in the summer post up your results it would be an amazing story to be able to say that I saw the greatest trader in history, before he became well known, and it all started on a car forum.

And we'll end with a quote "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof".
9 and 10 is a stretch, to have that much money to throw at the stock market you are probably the head of a large corp, thus in the public eye.
However, there are a lot more taking in 7 and 8 figures. You act like your reference point, forbes, maps out every single millionaire on this planet..

The only reason anyone claims these people as the greatest traders in history is because of the money they have to throw around. There are tons of people in the world today making larger % gains than them, you just don't hear about them because they aren't billionaires yet.

Do you even know what the term "new money" means??
It also isn't an extraordinary claim, it's quite valid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
If you hedge (short or buy/sell options whatever is your thing) then it is not bad, you just can't make that much. You will not make 10% over a year, most people in risky stocks lose money 3 out of 4 years... it is that 1 good year that usually brings the statistics up. If you can afford that and wait it out, good for you. Otherwise you need lots of $$$$ to make anything worth while.

This is quite possibly the stupidest thing you have posted to date. You think you can beat the market holding stocks for a week or less... :

Kid.. you are killing me.
It's not about beating the market, it's about beating any bad news that might pop up.

heh.. yep, 10% a year.. When I was 12 or so do you know what my dad discussed with me?? How people were happy if they made 10% a year in profit trading stocks.. Do you know what I then did?? I laughed.

Continue your little flame war, come summertime you'll be asking for tips.

-Nathan