09-07-2015, 02:42 AM   #75
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Washington, and Kirkland. There are three black and about six Asians around here.

Yes, racism is over used, hell, before I moved to USA, I didn't know it was a real thing these days. But one car was hit and witnesses were there, one walks and nothing is done.

Since cops came there, and all was reported, and still nothing happened I with my tiny blond brain can only assume it was because my calm and nice friend wasn't white.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Wow.

My lesson was a complete one when my school got this new cleaning lady. I was on the third grade and I spent my after school time in the library. The lady talked with me, and she was really nice. Soon our families become friends and my parents asked them for a dinner to our house since her son was the same age as i.

Our neighbor objected (and this was again in Finland, and then in the 90's we didn't have many other races there), his problem was that we ( my dad and I had at that time multiple contacts and friends outside the whiteness of our country) by bringing immigrants to our prestige neighborhood were opening up doors that should be shut.

The cleaning lady had been in Finland for 6 months, and spoke our difficult language already. In china she was a surgeon and her husband was a geologist who got thrown out because he made a notion of a dig not being safe for the workers.

I ended up on my dads shit list because I looked down. That night he kindly said to me that he is ashamed of me. "Anna. You truly have to know better to understand that this all is fear but if I see you ever being ashamed of your friends because someone tries to be better than them, fuck it. As a parent I've failed completely."

Now I have friends everywhere. I'm lucky they don't look down on me. I get what my dad was trying to say but that happened 20+ years ago.

Why doesn't the world just move on?
Which one is it?
Appreciate 0