View Single Post
      07-27-2007, 09:06 PM   #33
mgdsh
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 458 Italia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jworms View Post
from what i've read so far the RS4 actually weighs closer to 4000 lbs in the US which is where you happen to live. that's around 500-600lbs heavier than the e92 M3. there was even a review i found on the rs4 that made mention about its weight after they weighed it and it turned out to be close to 4000lbs...unfortunately audi trolls caused the thread i posted that link in to get locked/towed so i can't retrieve link.

your 2-door theory doesn't work either. bmw managed to produce a 2-dor and 4-door variant of the e36 M3 both of which weighed about the same. same situation with the 4-door and 2-door 335...about the same weight. just because a car is 2-door or 4-door does not mean one is significantly heavier than the other, then again maybe it's that way in the audi world.
The US Spec RS4 does indeed weigh 3900 lbs, but don't think for a second the US spec of the E92 (you apparently live here too) won't weigh significantly more than the Euro version. From what I'm aware the US E46 weighed more than the euro E46, maybe one of you fan boys can pull up the numbers for me?

And based on the A4/S4/RS4 line vs A5/S5/RS5 line weights above, there is a difference of about 200 lbs in favor of the 2 door cars.
Appreciate 0