03-03-2010, 07:38 PM   #19
consolidated
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3V8Driver View Post
I know exactly what I'm talking about. The DOT Schroth systems linked above are OK, but lack convenience and ultimately, the safety the Racing harnesses provide.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3V8Driver View Post
There's a reason why the Schroth DOT harnesses aren't approved by any sanctioning body for competitive driving. Which brings me to this... the OP never did state why he wants a harness, so we've assumed it is for track days.
I think we're all clearly talking about street cars and adding driver stability for DEs, not caged race cars. I can tell you the two largest DE organizers in my state allow 6-pts only with seats designed for them.

My point is, you believe a modified installation of a 6 pt. in an OEM seat is safer than the Quick Fit harness, Schroth disagrees with this, hence the product.

I have two sets of 6 pts unused, but will be buying the Quick Fit Pro when it becomes available. I'll use it with a HANS, and understand that if I flip and pancake the roof I'll likely be dead meat, but I'll take the odds given the risk of a basilar skull fracture from front or lateral impact.

Of course, I recognize that true "safety" doesn't exist when it comes to cars or life.
Appreciate 0