XC
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 M Coupé

Garage List
2010 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonmaxima View Post
Hey Montreal red... let me ask you a few questions.

What made you buy your M3? Why did you choose to buy an m3 over say an Audi or Merc or any other performance marques available in Canada? Did you research extensively about the M3 or the other cars you currently own or used to own?

Perhaps you are a hardcore BMW fan and would not consider any offerings by other marques....or that you've lusted the M3 and had a poster of an M3 hanging on your bedroom wall since young.

Whatever the reasons maybe, I am sure you would have done extensive research prior to heading down to the showroom to purchase a vehicle. Rev limit, weight, petrol tank capacity, engine displacement, options, material used in the engine, performance etc

Going into a dealership armed with an encyclopedia worth of knowledge of your dream car.... do you expect that the sales person to trump your knowledge with even more information?

The plethora of car reviews globally choosing / endorsing the m3 over other performance rivals already helps sell the car and creates an iconic brand awareness.

I have met sales persons from other marques who have recited specs of cars they were selling both perfectly and wrongly. However I do not chide them for misquoting information even if the spec sheets are hung from the driver's side window at the showroom and I can read them.

You've gotta admit, sex sells...especially putting a pretty face (female sales executive) to sell the product. Did you try walking into other high end car showrooms while you were in Singapore? What were the experiences / impressions you got? Please comment?

I think the part where you scored a test drive, eventhough I think you did NOT have the PROPER papers PLUS seeing the dealership personally is already a dream come true.

Personally, I think the conversation piece of the showroom is their impeccably spotless service center specially dedicated to servicing M cars. I've been told the service center is wiped down 3 times daily....
I agree about specs aren't all. But if you know something that the sales rep doesn't have a clue, or states wrongly, you really start getting suspicious about the whole deal. Besides, if your only job is exactly knowing what you are selling... you aren't not doing you job properly if you don't know specs. Take the example of Alfa Romeo's girls at car shows, they know exactly everything there is to know, and you really start feeling love after a while for such beautiful and interesting... cars.

Last edited by XC; 09-27-2011 at 09:04 AM.. Reason: mispel
Appreciate 0