The1
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: white 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaximusJ View Post
Anybody here use handstraps?

I find the Nikon AH4 got a pretty cool design.

I have to get better support. D800/70-200 with battery grip is one hell of a heavy setup after 3-4 hours with barely any rest. But the events I will be covering this summer are over weekends, about 8h a day.

The grip gives me an extra fps; two in DX mode and a dual battery setup lasts me a whole weekend. So I dont want to ditch the grip; but dont want to ruin my wrist either.

I know there isnt much Nikon lovers here, but anybody got great results with this kinda support? I know opTech makes one too, but I like Nikon's leather and plastic clip design.
I know this is long after your original quesion, but I'd recommend a monopod and put a swivel head on it. I watched lots of horse riding event photographers in action (8-10 hour days) and they carried a monopod and a small stool for between events

they didn't always use the monopod, but it came it handy to hold their position between riders sometimes, so if you find yourself set up near a wall or something that people keep frequenting while you're shooting, it might be nice to take a brake using the pod.

lots of anticipation involved in shooting sports. so when you're using a pod, it can be helpful.
Appreciate 0