View Single Post
      12-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #103
speedaddictM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsweet View Post
Why do you think I am pointing at your bias ? I own an M3 like you do. If you showed a bit less visible bias and knew where your assumptions are going too far, you could make a stronger case and you would look less like you have a vendetta on BMW. I am not defending BMW, in fact I think the S65 max RPM was probably specified too high at 8300 RPM. As in, any engine, from any manufacturer will eventually blow up if you rev it too high with a cold engine. The problem is that the dynamic max rev gauge on the M3 is specified too aggressively.
We've been accustomed to SeniorFunkyPants as being a minor irritant troll in the background. But you seem to take a more aggressive tone. BMW's M engines are well known for having excessive bearing wear. The S62, S54, S85, and now the S65. There is no evidence or reason to believe regular guy has any agenda or bias other than a desire to find the truth about a potential bearing problem. If it was all fine and dandy and there was no problem then why is BMW now recommending 5w30 oil for the M engines and not exclusively the TWS?

Also your numbers are total rubbish. Total views of a certain thread doesn't mean much. Just like someone said it's possible most of those viewers don't even have an M3. Also I think multiple views by the same person are counted as multiple numbers. So for example if I click on this thread every day for the next couple of weeks, I believe that will be counted as 14 extra viewers on that thread. And that 181000 number of members is for the entire Bimmerpost forum. It's certainly ridiculous to suggest there are 181000 members on the M3 forum when BMW only made a bit over 60000 cars.
Appreciate 0