View Single Post
      12-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #99
regular guy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Sprint car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsweet View Post
Those are 100% purely imaginative and therefore speculations, all you do is spread false worries.
I'm always fascinated by people who claim to know you but have never met you or even had an email conversation with you.

Quote:
1) at any time on the M3 post forum I've seen the number of active users in the 6,000+ to 10,000.
2) There are 181,000+ registered member specifically to the E92 M3 forum. Which indicates there can be falsely counted # cases. Like the owner, his friend, his cousin, etc.. that are not intentional and self aware. honest or not.
This analysis is fatally flawed. Registration membership is spread across all the bimmerpost forums. Not all members viewing a forum are E92 m3 owners.

Quote:
3) In a period of half a month to one month most active members would have seen the title of this thread poll in the sub-forum. It has a special poll icon that is hard to miss. Yet we only see 39 cases.
4) The almost unanimous pool of people who had no engine problems or zero concern they will may have already decided to ignore and no even click on this thread (probably rightly so)
If this were true, then how do you explain that nobody from any of the other blown motor threads have participated in this poll?

Quote:
Ok, I think it is safe to say that by end of January all member votes will be in. At which point I will take the number of cases and divided it by 20,000. As of today that it is only 0.17%.
You're claiming that > 33% of all M3 owners are on this forum, actively participate, and will respond to the thread. That's a pretty bold claim. Yet, none of the other members in the blown motor registry have added their names to the votes. Hmm.

Here's how you can test your claims. I strongly encourage you to do this to prove your theory. Start a poll with the following question:
If you are a current E9x M3 owner, have you ever blown your motor?
* Yes
* No
If your theory is correct, in six weeks you will have 20000 votes. I look forward to your poll and these very interesting results.

Quote:
You seem to have made a life goal of the activism on this topic.
Helping others is not activism. I'm sorry if you find fault with helping others, and using my personal resources to measure, and remeasure, and make sure all the data is accurate. You are responsible for your own conclusions about the data.

Quote:
I do understand that you must have personal reasons -as - your car was affected but you are definitively biased.
I will never understand why people I've never met, never talked to, and never worked with feel inclined to make up stuff like this.
Appreciate 0