Thread: Ammo NYC?
View Single Post
      07-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #37
Tanz_S65
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 6MT

So after nerding out on most of the videos on the Ammonyc website and getting a pretty good sense of how detail crazy Larry is I bought some products and had emailed Larry a couple times (side note he's really responsive which is pretty cool and stand up in my opinion) to clarify some things. I'm very impressed with the Skin, Hydrate and Spit. Ordering some more products to test the rest.

Here's the other thing I'll add after going to a detailing seminar he invited me to last weekend at an awesome Porsche museum: Larry is extremely knowledgable about paint finishes and detailing down to a level that I've never seen before. Also the thing that really sold me on the product even though I had already used a few of them which isn't flaunted as much as I think it should be: Larry has a chemist/chemical engineering background specific to car washing and detailing products where he was able to formulate his own mixes of product to use in his detailing business to give himself a higher quality product then he could buy off the shelf which he's now bottled and put up for sale on his website. He formulated each to not have fillers or low quality ingredients so that he could build a reputable detailing business and because he is still pretty small the price is higher but the quality is literally as good as it gets.

Also I respect the fact that all his videos online are structured around teaching rather than pushing his product and that really is his motto. I really can't say enough good things about the product, and the brand.

I typically am super skeptical about products especially at this price point but the results don't lie and as an engineer myself I can relate to the obsessive/perfectionist mentality that Larry has so I'll continue to use the product. I'll post some pictures after I get the Creme wax and Mud tire dressing next week.
Appreciate 0