03-21-2012, 08:30 AM   #161
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarnes View Post
Perhaps a lot of wheel companies purchase their blanks and have them machined by the same vendor; however, the vendor programs a CNC machine based on a design file provided by a specific wheel manufacturer. If that wheel manufacturer doesn't properly engineer, draft, and dimension their wheel design then wheel company "A" could have a failure whereas wheel company "B" does not, even though both sets of wheels with the same diameter, width and offset are machined from the same lot of blanks.

If the post that stated the hole patterns do not properly align is a true statement then there is a MAJOR design issue, one that significantly affects the strength and durability of the wheels. Unless they have revised the design to address this issue then there's a very high probability the new replacement wheel will fail as well as any of the other three original wheels. I would not continue to use this wheel design on my own car.
I think the wheel is 5x130 ET15 all around (due to the widebody Techart kit)

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0