View Single Post
      09-04-2013, 11:22 AM   #324
PrimeBMW
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46 M3+S62, E92 M3

So I am hoping to attend HOD at PIR Sept 10th, Porsche Train at ORP Sept 16th, and HOD at The Ridge Sept 23. I might have to leave one out because of work but will try for all.
I got to say that last time out with Turn2 at the Ridge was a good time. I really like the open passing with point anywhere on the track. Only thing better is not requiring a point. Funny story: I head out the first session. There is a Miata up ahead of me. Fast as heck in a straight line (turns out it had a big turbo)......faster than a heavily modified E92 M3 and faster than my E46 M3 race car!!!!! But not in the corners. So I catch him and he thinks he is on Par with me. Doesn’t give me the point for 3 laps......so I am getting a little frustrated at this point. Finally he is convinced (I won't say how). Points me by and half lap later he is 150 yards behind me on the straight. Funny that this story involves a Miata as it is typically a GT3 RS, Ferrari or GTR. Miata kill story =
Anyway, I am liking the open passing format with Turn2, NASA Time Trial or any open passing day.
Appreciate 0