Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: like grandma

Garage List
2014 BMW 550xi  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Dealer Recommendation Needed

Background: My current lease expires in August 2013 and I need to source a new car before then. I'm probably going to get into a 2013 E92 M3, but this all needs to happen before production ceases. The car will be fully optioned ($77k MSRP). I'm also considering some individual options (which would increase MSRP): 359M wheels in black (instead of the silver 359M's) and perhaps a custom color. I'd like to get the black wheels up front so I don't have to buy them after the fact and spend a ton of $$$ (or deal with the hassle of selling the silver ones).

I live in Rhode Island and in the past I've purchased BMWs from Inskip and Herb Chambers (Foreign Motors West). I wouldn't go back to Herb because negotiating with their Irish sales manager and salesman tag-team was a hellish experience (they tried to hammer me on a 335xi demo with 4k mi. and then they made me go to the DMV with them to register the car!!). I like Inskip, but I don't think they have much expertise with M cars or Individual orders (though I bought my current M3 from them). I also have a strict timetable, which complicates things (and I don't 100% trust them to get it right). I absolutely do not want to wait too long and end up missing the end of production.

That said, I'm looking for a dealer within ~250 miles (NE/NY/NJ) who has a lot of experience with M cars and Individual orders. Can anyone recommend a good dealer who meets these criteria? Also, I'm not looking to overpay for the car (no, I'm not cheap); I'd expect to pay market price for the car (currently $500 - $1,000 over invoice).

To clarify, I'm not doing ED or Performance Center delivery. I would drive my current sled to the dealer, turn it in and drive the new car home. Also, my current M3 only has 17k miles on it (36k mi. lease) and will likely qualify for CPO, if that makes a difference (it's also fully loaded ~$75k MSRP). Any suggestions are most appreciated!

Last edited by ///Mperative; 10-16-2012 at 04:00 PM..
Appreciate 0