View Single Post
      07-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #32
s65e90
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2009 e90

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTM_Challenge View Post
I'm talking this over with our fabricator as well as insurance company. To make this part happen. We basically would want signed disclaimers from every buyer before we ship that they understand this is not meant as a life saving product etc. ( common disclosure for even pro cages ) as well as the customer will not place any occupants in the rear seats when the bar is installed. Each bar will also wear a warning label on it that states some of the same.

With the coupe version, you cant really even get in the back seats with the harness bar installed. In a sedan, its a bit different. It only takes one guy trying to fit people in back with the bar installed an hurt someone to ruin projects like this so we are just making sure everyone knows this and also is willing to agree to it in writing. We supply a similar disclaimer with all cage work and harness bars FYI.

This work for everyone?

Warning label should suffice. Any quality pro cage is designed to protect in rollovers (at least to not have the roof cave in) and IMO and I'm sure many courts of law would laugh at a reputable chassis shop putting/welding a plate to the cage to limit their liablitiy.

FYI just by denouncing your liability it will not reduce it. If a company is selling a product designed for a specific task, they can't eliminate alny liab. should something arise from it's use in that task.

Not one competent shop I know of places disclaimers on their cages as that one I saw on here. Hell, they stand behind a product 110% knowing it will save lives.

Now, to your product you shouldn't have to go that far as it's a harness bar and nothing more. Anyone who thinks otherwise is a fool, so a simple sticker/disclaimer in packaging should suffice rather than having signed waivers.
I would not sign a waiver for a product purchase.

*easier said than typed so I hope this makes sense
* I work in a field you mentioned
Appreciate 0