07-20-2011, 07:14 PM   #43
AutoCon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Toyota Tacoma X-Runner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Premier Protective Films View Post
More photos of the project under way:

I had a little to do with this guys..............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Concierge View Post
After a car came in recently to my shop for a quote for removing holograms I noticed that the defects were "Under the film" now I know that film can hide some scratches and defects but in this case(2009 BMW M5)the buffer trails were so severe that it was plain to see(Customer initially thought that I was pulling his leg so I did a test spot on the film and the adjacent quarter panel and corrected the painted finish easily).

Thus it is important to give to your installer(Clearfilm) the best finish to work with at the onset, here is a 2012 Nissan GTR Black Edition that was recieving a entire Satin Guard wrap by premier so all surfaces were corrected up to the point of LSP.

Nearly new piece of clay removing fallout on a "Brand new car".

"It is a new car..........what could you possibly need to do to it?" , as I hear this quite often this pic shows the reality of marring on even a "Brand new vehicle".

Car was much easier for Premier to wrap, some pics of the film layed down.

Another Porsche(2012 Speedster)that had factory defects in the finish in for clearfilm @ Premier, note DA sand scratches.

Wipedown and clay to start.

Paint finish measured with ultrasonic PDG on the bumper.

Metal panels measured with DFT.

Sand scratches removed.

A chip on the edge of of the "tow hook" opening happened while being towed, factory touch up and paint sticks utilized for the small repair.

Appreciate 0