10-18-2011, 09:43 AM   #21
GreasyGinzo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 E92 AW 6MT M3(Totaled)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Glad to see you are okay, what can you tell us about the individual that hit you? was it a male or female how old and what was his / her excuse if any? I am wondering if he / she was texing or on the phone?

did this happen after a curve? no time to react?

I always hit the hazard lights as a first if I know I have to come to a full stop or have to slow down due to some emergency ahead... if I can I pull over out off the line of fire so to speak ... was there no chance for you to do the same or did it all happened too fast?

Sharing this with others here will help perhaps someone ...
The road is perfectly straight for a mile or 2. It was 8:30am and clear dry conditions. The 3 cars (Saturn, me and Accord) were the cars on the road in either direction. Me and the Saturn were at a complete stop while we waited for deer to cross the road. The driver of the white Accord (a middle aged female) apparently spilled coffee and was cleaning it up or something and never saw us (me and the Saturn) stopped and just slammed into the back of me. Pushing me into and then around the Saturn. The Accord was probably traveling 45-60mph at time of impact. No attempt to stop or slow down on her part from what I understand so far. Once I get the police report I will know more. I am pretty good about watching in my rear view when stopping for any reason on the road (stop sign, red light, wildlife etc) she was just coming way too fast by the time i saw I was about to be hit for me to try and move out of the way.