09-14-2011, 12:00 PM   #1
MR///M3
e90post veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: '12 M3, '09 335

* 20" ADV.1 ADV10 TrakFunctions - Weights Inside! *

Hey Guys,
Last week I posted up pics of my new wheels, but many of you wanted weights. I was pleasantly surprised with their weights actually. The sizes again are 20"x9" fronts and 20"x11" rears.

ADV.1 offers many track weight lightening packages that would further reduce the weights of these wheels (my wheels have none of these). They are:
  • Titanium fasteners -- saves 0.35 lbs per wheel
  • Spoke Pocketing -- saves 0.4 lb per wheel
  • Back Pad pocketing -- saves 1 lb per wheel
  • Titanium center caps -- they weigh 0.09 lbs, maybe you get a 0.1 lb weight reduction from them
  • Titanium Lug nuts -- saves 0.35 pounds per wheel (titanium bolts weigh 1.84 lbs and steel ones weigh 3.24 lbs)
For reference: http://www.adv1wheels.com/adv1wheels.../finishing.php
So if one was to add all the options, they could save around 2.2 lbs PER WHEEL.

On to my wheels... The fronts were surprisingly heavier than the rears, but upon closer inspection the backpad of the front wheels must have been at least an inch to 2 inches thicker. As a weight comparison: My 11" rears are 0.5 pounds lighter than 10" wide BBS LM's and they are lighter than ZCP rear wheels by 0.3 lbs even though they are 1" wider and 1" taller. In the end, they aren't the LIGHTEST wheels out there, but if one was to add all the race lightening packages, they would be lighter than pretty much any 3pc 20" wheel out there. I believe my findings show how ADV.1's aren't as heavy as people think.

Pictures - - - > (remember these are weights WITH the centercaps)
Front wheel:

What made the fronts heavier:

Rear wheel:

What an 11" wide wheel looks like:

Thanks for looking,
Matt

Last edited by MR///M3; 09-15-2011 at 11:44 PM..
Appreciate 0