View Single Post
      05-10-2014, 05:50 PM   #6
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
I had this on my car for literally a week till i was told by the boss that she didn't want to ride in the car anymore because it was too loud.

It has a very deep and aggressive note and is widely thought to be the deepest sounding exhaust for the S65 on the market.

There's no doubt that it's on the loud side but it sounds very tough.

Guys there is a work around for this exhaust it it's too loud. These are normally a valved system but at the time Max bought this the valves were on backorder and once you hear this system waiting is hard.
I have the same system on my car and with the valves closed its around the same sound pressure level as the akra evo . For those who have not had a valved system the big advantage is they remove the low pitch resonance at low RPM and pretty much eliminates drone and booominess and increases the pitch somewhat. Sound pressure levels drop around 10dB (3dB is double the volume)
You can mechanically quieten these substantially and take the mod out for days where you just want it louder. I'm happy to help offer help to anyone who buys this from Max, I know if he'd waited for the valves to come back into production this post would not exist
Appreciate 0