View Single Post
      10-15-2011, 07:02 PM   #52
Doctor J
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 E93 M3 DCT

I apologize if I hurt your feelings - but you invited discussion on what you stated. That means you invited both positive and negative discussion. What I said is you should keep your thoughts to yourself because your analogy is very flawed and what you wrote sounds ignorant.

I understand what you were trying to say ie N/A > FI and I like NA too. But slapping a turbo on a motor 1) is not cheating and 2) requires considerable effort from an engineering standpoint to get it right in a venerable brand like the BMW M3

Steroids is "cheating" in athletics because it allows greater strength, faster recovery and hence a performance advantage compared to non users in sports. They are controlled substances that can cause great harm to the body if they are abused - but they can also be used safely like in cases if testosterone replacement therapy in male andropause.

An untrained athlete taking anabolic steroids is not ever going to beat a elite athlete. That's not how they work at all.

I apologize if I offended you but what you said in your post was pretty much crap and I called you on it. Cheers.