View Single Post
      07-09-2007, 07:06 PM   #40
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
OMG I am really stunned you would even go here (again...) This crap post so typifies "knee jerk" reaction. Aren't you so proud and clever that you knew then and know now how crap the new M is and how much better a modded 335i will be. Give me a freaking break.

1. Yes you are smart, the good old M boys sure didn't fool you with this junker.
2. You can't build a 335i into an M beater that will beat it in a majority of counts for less than the M3 will cost. Just my opinion and educated guess but it just ain't gonna happen. Either way we both need to wait until there are actual test specs. Maybe you could point out the exact new information that has led you to conclude you were right all along - WE DON'T HAVE ANY. The only real new data I have heard about is that the new M3 out sprints the F360 from 0-1000m (WITHOUT DCT!).
3.Yeah that 335i you love so much is really "hard-core". Look I like the car, a lot, but it is so marshmellow compared to the M. Christ many of the suspension bushings in the new M3 are metal as opposed to elastomer. That is hardcore. No matter where you start with the 335i it will be hard to part with its inheirent marshmellow characteristics. Sure you can take its amazing track times and improve them tons with software alone, that still won't make it feel much less marshmellow.
4. You can't build an M3 with the specs you outlined, "well equipped" for $60k that would actually sell in volume. It just can't be done. May be harsh but wake up and smell the engineering and the comprimise.

Ending this post with my most commonly used ending in the last week......

UGH!
Appreciate 0