View Single Post
      01-04-2009, 07:46 AM   #2
Lester
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives:

A 2004 Toyota Solara, driven by a 19 yr. old college student at 5:40 am. What an unnecessary waste of a life. It only takes a foolish second with cars being what they are today. Teenagers haven't changed, but the weapons we give them have. All those hours possibly spent on video games, don't translate into real life and death situations.

A police detective said the driver may have been "engaged in some type of speed racing," as the vehicle was reportedly traveling speeds upward of 100 miles per hour.

"If you're going to go fast, I mean this is your ideal place to do it because it's a long stretch without any stops," resident Ana Assaf said.

Low horsepower vehicles and midnight to 8 am. curfews for all drivers under 21 would help. There is no need for a teenager to be driving any car with much more than 4 cyl./125 hp.

From my perspective, I would never allow any teen under my financial control to drive anything that can exceed their driving experience and capabilities. I would pay for extensive driver training before even letting them on the road by themselves.

I can't imagine what the family is going through.
Appreciate 0