05-14-2012, 01:56 PM   #6
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
As with anything, you don't always just pay for the product itself, a lot of the price is in a name as well. The key with ANY wax/sealant is the prep work, not necessarily how expensive your wax is. You can buy the most expensive tub of Swissvax out there, but your car will still look like crap if you don't prep it right. Something to keep in mind.

Anyway, personally I am a fan of sealants rather than waxes. Not trying to say I haven't had any good experience with wax, but when I detail my car, I tend to use sealants because they last a bit longer than waxes. I have a busy life, and I don't have time to reapply wax every two weeks. My car isn't a garage queen either, so I don't believe in putting a super expensive coat of wax that is going to break down soon after because I actually drive the car outside or if I happen to pass through a pop-up t-storm here in NC. I've had a lot of luck with some sealants out there. Chemical Guys Jetseal comes to mind as a very nice one. I've also heard some good things here about Tough Coat from Auto Finesse. If you want a good combo, use Auto Finesse's Tripple then their Tough Coat. Your car will look great!

If you definitely want to do a wax instead of a sealant, you can look into Autofinesse's line, they all look really good and I have wanted to give them a shot. Meguiar's has some decent stuff too, but chances are your local Autozone doesn't carry the higher quality stuff, so you need to look around.