View Single Post
      11-06-2008, 06:54 PM   #57
jhv
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: G80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky View Post
Just because a law is in the books that makes it correct? There were laws passed forcing relocation of ethnic groups in the US, that is correct because it passed? Sorry, I don't blindly look at laws and assume they are correct, I prefer to think for myself.

Do you have any idea what technical strides the automotive industry has made over the past few decades? Cars are faster, brake better, safter, cleaner, where is the corresponding change in the speed limit?

The speed limit has nothing to do with racing and safety and everyhing to with creating revenue and giving police an excuse to stop you.
what kind of comparison is that? internment camps and speed limits? yeah, those laws are pretty similar. one was an extreme violation of citizens rights and an act of intense prejudice; the other is in place to maintain the well being of the public. i dont understand why youre so against against speed limits. are you in that big of a rush that you cant stand to drive at a reasonable speed?

i could have a car that stops from 60-0mph in fucking like 1 second, that doesnt mean i should go crusing at 60 on the sidestreets. just because you can doesnt mean you should. improvements in automobile safety DOES NOT correspond to how fast you can/cannot drive. they can make a car out of jello for all i give a shit, but as long as people are driving, there is always room for error, such as crashing into people.
Appreciate 0