View Single Post
      02-24-2012, 06:37 PM   #51
CominAtYaBich
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick@DetailAddict View Post
Have you not made a mistake before where you had to correct yourself? It seems as though in this case that is what happened. Long quoted you an old price before the price hike. Even another vendor acknowledged the price hike and date. Why don't you contact KW directly and ask them why they increased their prices on their products and when it went into effect?

It would have been one thing if he charged your credit card with the new price after he quoted you the old price and said "oh sorry the prices went up". That would be shady. You would have the right to be pissed and to flame away. Also, if Long had quoted you the old price and you ended up driving all the way to the shop for the install only to receive the bad news that the prices have gone up, yes that would be a reason to be upset. I would be furious since I took the time out of the day to drive there.

But what did he do? He called you as soon as he realized the mistake he had made and let you know. He tried to make it right by selling them to you at his cost. The only thing he charged you for was installation. Do you expect him to make 0 dollars off of you b/c of a simple mistake that did not affect you in any way? Did you miss out on a deal on the Clubsports during that 5 day period when you thought you were going to get them for $2500? I'm going to guess no.

I understand that it sucks that you thought you were getting clubsports for $2500 installed. I don't think any vendor will be able to sell them to you at that price or even close to that price. But if you think about it, it was a simple mistake and by no means does it show you what kind of business LTBMW runs. With all the facts out there, I don't understand how anyone can agree with you other than the fact that LTBMW quoted you the wrong price. Maybe he hasn't sold a set of clubsports since the price hike which could explain why he quoted you $2500.
OH god another vendor to the rescue, WHAT A SHOCK

LISTEN VENDORS:

IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILTY TO MAKE SURE YOUR QUOTES ARE ACCURATE BEFORE YOU QUOTE.

people make mistakes sure, but in business mistakes cost you
Appreciate 0