View Single Post
      10-26-2012, 06:23 PM   #33
MikeE92M3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 08 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolkster View Post
Does the stock exhaust piping use mandrel bends..in looking at the rear section the pipe looks like pancake city?
The rear pipes are hydroformed. I could have done mandrel bends as notquiteright mentioned, but the fabricator, who is kin to Hendrick's Motorsports, said mandrel bends are just a fancy way of making your penis look bigger. These cars don't produce that kind of power to warrant any fancy designs, especially in the rear section. The difference in power is IMMEASURABLE. I know I drive an M3. The moral of the whole thing is that it sounds fucking bad ass and will have a sound clip next week. A couple bend presses here and there is NOT going to ruin the exhaust characteristics. If the oem looks pancake city and the front left pipe looks like some kind of shriveled penis, then I have no doubt I will be just fine.
2008 (07/08) E92 M3 BPM Stage II Tuned by Mike Benvo, 6MT, Turner Test Pipes, Magnaflow Custom Catback Exhaust (Magnaflow X Pipe, secondary cat delete, Aero Resonators and Helmholtz Chambers),Vorsteiner CF Lip, Hamann Style CF rear diffuser, CF Rear Decklid Spoiler, BMW Performance Kidney Grills, CF Side Grills, OEM GTS Wheels, K&N Drop-In Filter, GP Thunder 8k Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors.
Appreciate 0