View Single Post
      10-25-2011, 12:35 PM   #120
prodigymb
Captain
Rep
Drives: V10+ R8, 997TT, Plaid, G550

Quote:
Originally Posted by US///M3 View Post
Running 11's doesn't necessarily mean that the SC was properly installed.
you can go back and forth with me all day on this but this car ran very well for over a year. performed very well on and off the track. more importantly had zero issues and over a year later returned perfect compression test and leak down tests.

as far as it being few mph down from Zims car, one - his car had a higher rated power kit on it, two - he ran at a track rental where he could try different things all day and probably did 12+ passes. i did 3 passes on this car - and its not my car. i am an average driver with pretty much no experience running an M3 down the track. zim drives/races his all the time where he should be faster then me (ofcourse given we run same tires). understand my point? things arent always black or white, there are alot of variables that go into a good track time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
Spining briefly in first won't effect ET's Spining in 1st 2nd & 3rd will hurt your ET 's big time as that was my case , I was running 625 file and only tested the 650 file never had the actual full kit as u need to run 8psi for 650 , I just tested the software at 7psi that's all .... You need 8 psi to see power Gain ..
Zim - spinning anywhere will hurt your ETs. Spinning in 1st will hurt it the most. Launch and first 300 feet are the most important part of a drag race. One tenth that you lose on the 60 foot will translate into two tenths lost on your ultimate 1/4 ET.
Appreciate 0