View Single Post
      11-04-2008, 09:35 PM   #124
watrob
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: MY2022 X5 M-Sport 45e White

Garage List
At the end of the day some 20% of M3 drivers may track their cars but 100% of us would if the circumstance arose drag or drag off the lights.

I don't see the sense in doing the large amounts of mods to loose 150lbs, not dollar wise or the fact of spending a month of Sunday's putting it back together so to be able to get warranty work done.

A vast number of M3 owners have changed wheels at a cost of around $3,000 with a saving of around 17lbs and also swapped out exhaust systems for around $2,500 with some 33lbs saving but with gains between 10-15 in HP.

So we all can get a 50lbs weight saving on mods that we all do and not cause problems with warranties, we also get 10-15hp gain. You would be better off putting a PowerChip in next to get another 40hp for $1-2k.

So that's 50lb weight saving, plus a total 50hp gain to do what 100% of us may do and that is drag someone and still have something that resembles a M3, comfortable and 99% oem.

If I was going to do ALL the mods to a M3 I would rather wait for a CSL. A lot of BMW dealers from Australia are in Germany this week and my dealer believes their will be a CSL. He's back in 2 weeks, so I will wait until then before I start destroyng the M3 for that extra 100lbs.

MY22 X5 M-Sport 45e White, 22"rims, Red Calipers, Ceramic Pads. Better off saying what it does not have and that's a B&O Audio System, otherwise all option boxes are ticked.
Appreciate 0