Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT

Garage List
2009 M3  [8.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
Grabbed the mark III a couple weeks ago. Been boating a lot so haven't had much opportunity to post anything up.

Dave, don't touch one until you're ready to buy one. It's that much better then the MKII...

My 7D has been sitting in the bag since I picked up the MKIII I'm not really seeing the point in the 7D anymore with how criso the shots are coming out on the MKIII. 800ISO is basically my starting ISO now. I don't bother going much lower often. There is so little noise at 800 that I may as well use it like it's 100ISO

I don't really miss the extra reach of the 7D as the 100% crops on the 5D MKIII are just about perfect. And the ISO 800 looks about as sharp as ISO 100 on the 7D. (from what I've seen so far...)

anyway, I have no buyers remorse from picking this camera up. It is basically perfect in my eyes compared to other bodies I've owned or tested.

Also, the rear screen is fantastic.
Yeah, I know. DxO now has modules for the MkIII, so now it's a matter of me having the money. I'll get one before the year is out. I'll use the 7D as my holder for the 70-200mm while I've got the 500mm on the MkIII and I'll begin the wait for the 7D MkII.

Dave