jjw2331
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 JtBlk e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch32 View Post
M-dynamic I think was on (DSC was off in some capacity, either completely or M-dynamic), the tires did spin but there was no 'burnout'. A burnout usually means smoke and on the brakes a bit to make the tires spin and not gain traction. I don't think this single occurance should have caused my diff to literally fall off 2000km later, I could be wrong but I don't think an m3 is made to be that fragile.
M dynamic mode in the rain? Sounds like you were up to something in terms of spinning the tires or drifting for fun. Or you are just stupid which does not sound like it is the case.

Listen man this is total crap BUT you really can't give bmw any excuse to void a warranty and unfortunately this is as much evidence as they need to show clear evidence of redlining the car at a speed 1/4 of what it is supposed to be at redline. Only a burnout (which is not just smoke-it means any spinning of the tires without much forward motion) Usually this produces smoke but in the rain it will not but still a burnout
Easy buddy, even with M dynamic mode, you can't spin the tires all the way to redline. If they did, something was wrong with his stability and traction control.

I think BMW jump to a conclusion way too fast in this situation. Burn outs and other kinds of abuse should show excessive wear on other parts of the car such as the clutch and flywheel, axles, and subframe mounts. If those parts are fine, and the diff just falls off, don't you think there might be some sort of design flaw?